Day 68...A very full zero day

I had planned on sleeping late on our zero day, but last night I took off my watch and forgot to turn off the alarm. It woke me up at 5:25 am, and by the time I realized what was happening, I was fully awake. So I went downstairs and grabbed a slice of leftover pizza.

Plant and I aired our gear out. And we figured out what had gone wrong with the hip belt order.  It had shipped to David's home address instead of his P.O. Box, the US Post Office does not deliver to his house.  The package also had my name on it, not David's,  And in the small town they saw my name and knew it wasn't his, so they sent it back.

Around 10:30 am, we went to a tailor who was able to sew a strap on to my hip belt to repair and reinforce it, as a temporary fix until the one I ordered is redelivered. After that, we went to get my haircut, first time in about 70 days. The barber was from Australia and was absolutely hilarious. He had been a journalist before he was a barber, and had written a few short books one of which was how to demotivate your workers, it was a very funny book.

After my haircut, we went to a diner for lunch. Plant got some breakfast food, Aunt Gayle, David, and I all got Ruben sandwiches, they were fantastic. When we finished eating we went to the Croton Dam. The dam provides all the electricity for New York City, it was quite the sight. Once we had a good look around we headed to the grocery store, where we bought a couple of days worth of food.  And then back to the tailors to pick up the hip belt and then back to the house.

At home, David went to check on his bee's.  He is a beekeeper and has built these amazing structures for the hives.  I was able to get a good look at his beehives, which are really busy. At first, I was watching from the balcony, but since the bees were not being aggressive at all, I walked down and got a close look as David searched for the queen bee.

We had steak, squash, salad, and vegetables for dinner. It was really good. After dinner, I had to excuses myself since I had to do a Scoutmaster Conference over the phone with Mr. Classen my Scoutmaster.  Then at 9 o'clock,  I had a Board of Review conference call for my first Eagle Palm. I am happy to say I passed.

I ended up staying awake until 11 pm packing everything up. And Plant was up until 1 am.  We hit the again in the morning.

Miles 0